Signed, Marks, Inscriptions
|Marks||Maker's mark, reverse: J S & [illegible]|
|Inscriptions||Engraved, on blade: [Masonic Square and Compasses mark with letter G in center; surrounded by floral-like pattern]
Inscribed, reverse: "Presented to Miss Mary W. Roby by the trustees of the Mary W. Palmer Memorial M E Church on the occasion of laying the Corner Stone of this Church May 14th 1884"
1913-present, bequest to the Detroit Institute of Arts (Detroit, Michigan, USA)